We first learned of a “permissions policy” from Michael Hyatt’s blog at www.michaelhyatt.com. We liked this idea so much, that we have adopted a modified version of this policy below.
The purpose of this page is to let you know that Beardedmoneyguy.com owns the content on this Website, hereinafter the “work” unless otherwise indicated. It is copyrighted by Beardedmoneyguy.com, and we claim all legal protections and rights that arise out of the United States Copyright Laws.
However, we appreciate that other people may want to share our content. We would like to support and encourage others to share our content, while at the same time protecting our intellectual property.
Here are some guidelines of what you can and cannot do with our content.
Without the Permission of Beardedmoneyguy.com
You are free to do the following without our permission:
- Link to our site or any specific post on our site.
- Extract and re-post up to 300 words of our content on any other site, provided you link this content back to our original post using a “follow” link.
- Reprint copies of our posts or articles for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print our posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, community newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2017, beardedmoneyguy.com. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.beardedmoneyguy.com.”
Not Without the Permission of Beardedmoneyguy.com (i.e. contact us first)
If you would like to do any of the following, you mush have our express written consent:
- Use our content for any and all commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of our content, including posts, articles, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Create a “derivative work” as defined by the United States Copyright Act.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
Although we would like to, beardedmoneyguy.com does not permit the re-posting of our posts or articles in their entirety. This is because Google and other search engines may penalize our website for publishing duplicate content. Google often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so beardedmoneyguy.com risks getting penalized if we grant this permission.
In addition, we, unfortunately, cannot allow the translation and/or publication of our work in another language other than English.
If you would like to use our work in a manner that is not described above, please feel free to contact us atbeardedmoneyguy [at] gmail [dot] com so that we can discuss what you would like to do.
We reserve the right to alter, amend, or revoke these permissions at anytime.
Date: June 2017