Here are some guidelines that will help you politely say no to a marriage proposal after the first meeting:
- Ask all the right questions during arranged marriage first question.
- Don’t let your parents hijack the conversation.
- Understand what the red lines are for you.
- Don’t communicate your decision at the meeting.
How do you politely say no to a proposal?
Avoid sounding bad, rude or uptight by being nice, firm and direct at the same time.
- Turn down your date by pretending that you have a crush on someone else.
- Write a cute handwritten note to add a touch of warmth to your refusal.
- Turn down a guy or a girl by genuinely saying that you want to be single right now.
How do you reject a proposal without hurting?
Prioritize your feelings.
- Don’t say “yes” simply to avoid saying “no”. Only accept a date with someone you are interested in.
- Know that your happiness is important. You do not need to date someone that you don’t like.
- Consider your motivations. Try not to let your friends influence your dating choices.
Can you say no to an arranged marriage?
Saying ‘No’ In Forced Marriages
If you are under some pressure and saying ‘yes’ because of it, don’t. Stand for yourself and say ‘no’. You can even take the support of many agencies or social service agencies. All in all, saying no and rejecting a guy in an arranged marriage is your right.
What to say when you are proposing?
Suggested clip · 75 seconds
What to Say When You Propose! – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip