CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1962 Lincoln Penny value at an average of 1 cent, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $29.
Is a 1962 penny worth any money?
Coin Values. CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1962 Lincoln Penny valueat an average of 1 cent, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $29.
What year is the penny most valuable?
The Most Expensive Penny. The 1943 copper-alloy cent is one of the most enigmatic coins in American numismatics — and reportedly the most valuable Lincoln penny of all.
How much is a 1971 penny worth?
Generally speaking, any worn 1971 penny is worth 2 cents each. However, there is at least one rare 1971 penny. It’s the doubled die 1971 penny, and most are worth from $25 to more than $150!
What were pennies made of before 1962?
The cent was again bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc) from 1864 to 1962, except: In 1943, the coin’s composition was changed to zinc-coated steel. This change was only for the year 1943 and was due to the critical use of copper for the war effort.
How much does a 1962 penny weigh?
In 1943, the U.S. printed zinc-coated steel penny for just one year. The steel penny weighed 2.72 grams (0.095 ounces). From 1944 to 1981, the U.S. minted several coins composed primarily of copper (95%) and zinc (5%), that weighed 3.11 grams (0.109 ounces), with a bronze penny minted from 1947 to 1962.
What is my 1967 penny worth?
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around 1 cent, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $12 at auction.
What is the rarest penny?
25 Most Valuable US Pennies
- 1.) 1944 Steel Wheat Penny – Worth $110,334.
- 2.) 1943 Copper Wheat Penny – Worth $85,782.
- 3.) 1873 Indian Head Penny – Worth $10,000.
- 4.) 1914 D Wheat Penny – Worth $5,500.
- 5.) 1922 D Wheat Penny – Worth $5,000.
- 6.) 1877 Indian Head Penny – Worth $3,200.
- 7.) 1926 Wheat Penny – Worth $3,000.
What’s the rarest 50p?
No change at the top, as the Kew Gardens 50p remains the rarest coin in circulation, with just 210,000 of them created a decade ago.
What is the rarest wheat penny?
What follows are the 11 through 25th most valuable pennies:
- 1917 doubled die Lincoln Wheat Penny, $1,350.
- 1909-S VDB Lincoln Wheat Penny, $1,025.
- 1869/9 Indian Head penny, $865.
- 1858/7 Flying Eagle penny, $760.
- 1914-D Lincoln Wheat Penny, $760.
- 1909-S Indian Head penny, $750.
- 1872 Indian Head penny, $625.