Here are the best long-term investments, and where to invest in them to get the best possible returns.
- Stocks. In a lot of ways, stocks are the primary long-term investment.
- Long-term Bonds – Sometimes!
- Mutual Funds.
- Real Estate.
- Tax Sheltered Retirement Plans.
Which is the best investment option in long term?
8 Good Long Term Investment Options for 2017
- PPF and EPF. One of the most popular investment options in the country, the Public Provident Fund is with an interest rate of 8.7% and still remains the best bet.
- Mutual funds.
- Real Estate.
- Equity funds.
How do you invest in long term?
Six Tips for Long-term Investment Success
- Diversify. Spread your risks by investing in a number of stocks in different markets and in mutual funds, bonds and other instruments.
- Do your research. Take advice from various sources.
- Run the stars and sell the dogs.
- Reinvest dividends.
- Be contrarian.
- Take the long view.
What is the best investment in 2019?
Here are the best investments in 2019:
- Certificates of deposit.
- Money market accounts.
- Treasury securities.
- Government bond funds.
- Municipal bond funds.
- Short-term corporate bond funds.
- Dividend-paying stocks.
- High-yield savings account.
What is considered long term in investing?
A long-term investment is an account on the asset side of a company’s balance sheet that represents the company’s investments, including stocks, bonds, real estate and cash. Long-term investments are assets that a company intends to hold for more than a year.